Sunday, May 17, 2009

Goin' Green

Even though it's been rainy lately, it's time to get back out in the yard and get everything cleaned up.
We started our veggie garden this weekend and I can't wait to have tasty, fresh peas, beans, tomatoes, peppers, cukes, scallions and hopefully more! I might be a little ambitious, with this being my first garden ever, but we'll see how it goes.We are also planning to add another bed that will be terraced behind this one to fit all the plants.

Justin also scored a sweet, collapsible rain barrel that will keep our veggies from getting too thirsty.

For my birthday, Justin surprised me with a potting bench that he built which fits perfectly in a nook in the garage. Also got lots of garden related gifts, so the pressure is on to prove my green thumb!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Nice work... we were out in our gardens today too! oh what fun:)