Monday, January 26, 2009

Let There Be Light, part II

I dont think that there is one piece of furniture in our house that was purchased new, and I'm hoping we can continue that trend.
A couple weeks ago I found a vitage lamp on craigslist and really liked the shape of it. The tan color, though, not so much, but at $5 the price was right. I was inspired by a "before & after" posting on design*sponge's blog and thought - HEY! I can do that!
It still needs a new lamp shade, but for now it is doing a fine job of illuminating a dark corner of the living room. The blue is the after.





Justin's dad visited this weekend and we were also able to finally wire up the pendant light I wrote about in this post.

Little by little we are getting there! We're working on kitchen paint colors, too. You can see the swatches I tried out this weekend on the upper right part of the wall. Not crazy about either of them, but I think we are getting closer.

It's going to look so pretty with the corner bench Justin is planning to build. I'm still on the hunt for two chairs that would finish off the area, and I'm sure that with enough patience I'll find something that will fit.

I'm starting to worry that everything is blue or orange or white in the house and I need some additional accents!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

love love love it all! you know i like blue/turquoise and orange so I'm digging the color choices :)

I actually like the lampshade - the size is nice - if it's the color you don't like, maybe you can just strip the frame and find a pretty paper at Paper Source and give it a shot? Seems a little tricky though, I'll admit. I'm sure there are other ways of saving it. Maybe you can dye it? Hmmm.

Debbie Shanks said...

Steph says that brown or tan goes really nice with the two colors you picked. If you are worried about too much color, then sage green works well with the peach. She used turquoise against the peach wall in her old home and did not like the results.
How fun is it to be thinking and doing all these different options for your very own home??
Anything you do will be fun and interesting. The best thing about paint is that you can change your mind any time you want by painting over the walls. I have done it a number of times.
Have fun.
Love,
A. Deb