Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Outdoor Update

After clearing the yard of the many crab apples that fell when the tree came down, I am less sad to see it go.

It was gorgeous out today, with a hint of fall in the air and I spent some time in the yard after work. I can't believe that it's already the last official weekend of summer.

Five bug bites and some OFF later, I walked down to the edge of the reservoir in the backyard. I hadn't really ventured down there yet because there is a lot of brush that needs to be cleared out, but I wanted to see if I could catch a glimpse of the heron that we have seen hanging around down there. It was there! But apparently it is camera shy. After I came in to grab the camera and went back out, it was gone.
Here is where it usually lounges.
I think that there are some animals that like to chomp down trees that live in the area.
And we might have some blueberry bushes! They look like blueberries, but to be safe, I wasn't doing any field research. What do you think? Because of all the rain this summer, the fungi have really been thriving. We have our share of mushrooms.
I hope there are some more days like today left in the summer!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

ooooh I was hoping to see the BIG heron :)

looks like a calm view and lots of pretty nature.