Sunday, August 10, 2008

Weekend Work

I wish that I could take the rest of the summer off from work to make my house look pretty.

We got a lot done this weekend.
After the brush dump trips we focused on more demo in the kitchen and getting the bedroom painted.
I'm still wavering between two colors in the bedroom. I was going for a light grey-blue, but the more I look at it, the more I'm not really feeling the grey.
What do you think?



Justin's father, Steve, has been coming up on the weekends with Nancy, which has been a HUGE help. We are so lucky to have his expertise and his help.
Here they are finishing up some of the demo between the kitchen and the living room.


We opened up the header at the top of the pass through and took out another piece of the wall that goes into the "working" kitchen. I can't wait until the kitchen is done. The below view is from the kitchen - we need some mantle inspiration too - that needs a facelift.
















Thanks to everyone who came this weekend!!

I can't wait until all the renovations are finished and we can throw a huge party!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

it's hard to tell online ...
is the grey just a little too dark? what if you mixed them together?

or just did one wall in the grey and then the other walls in a cream/white?

the blue is nice though. might end up feeling like too much "baby blue" though.

Ashley said...

sfgirlbybay: Mantle Mania.

AngieP said...

I think I like the darker one if it looks more blue than gray in person. Hard to tell from the pic.

Everything is looking great!

-Angela

Debbie Shanks said...

I can't tell what the colors really look like from the picture, but is grey going to be too dark in the winter? How much light do you have in the bedroom? I like the idea of maybe one grey wall and another color, maybe brighter, on the other three walls. How about consulting HG ha. I hope to get over to see your home soon and can give you my opinion once I have seen things.
It looks like your demo process is in full gear. No wasting time for your two. You have not been there very long and the walls are already coming down!
I am going to have a yard sale soon. What do you guys need for your new place? I have a used microwave that still works. I am just trading it in for the new one I found in the basement when I cleaned. I don't even remember buying it, can you say compulsive ha.
I will give you a call later. Keep up the good work.
Love ya,
Aunty Deb : )

Debbie Shanks said...

Hey Lori,
I have been thinking about your painting dilemma. Steph did a glaze thing in her bedroom in Hardwick. Maybe you could paint it with one of the greys and if you think it is too dark or light, you could glaze over with the other color. Just a thought.
Looking forward to seeing you guys,
Auntie Deb

Debbie Shanks said...

Lori and Justin,
Love the house! Thanks for letting us barge in while you were working yesterday. We were so excited about your new home and wanted to stop by see it as soon as we could. You have already completed a ton of projects. The bedroom looks good and not too dark at all. Did it darken up at all? Oops if not ha.
The new wall really brightens things up when you first walk into the house. This was a super idea.
Your future ideas for the house sound really great. Don't forget to use us in some of your projects. We would love to help out. Like Rickie Rick said, the "Barre" Shanks are totally willing and able to lend a hand.
Thanks again for letting us visit. We are very happy for you both.
Love,
Auntie Deb, Uncle Rick and Rickie Rick