Sunday, August 24, 2008

Yard with a view.

I can't let Lori have all the fun here, so I (Justin) will be making today's update post.
Since next weekend we are taking a much needed break from home renovation, we had to get a lot done today.

First on the list was to move the location of the wiring for the eat-in-kitchen light. Now all we need to do is find a light that doesn't cost $300 (ahem*lori)















While I was building Lori's mega-awesome double-bin compost container, Lori worked on getting the guest room ready.
And to save the best for last, one of my requests since moving in has finally come true.

While making one of a MILLION trips to Home Depot/Lowes, my dad made some good use of his chainsaw to get rid of the crap apple tree!


Now all thats left is to get rid of the Pine tree and i'll be satisfied with the back yard.

4 comments:

Lori Jane said...

Don't worry, the wallpaper in the guest room is coming down this winter!

Debbie Shanks said...

I was glad to see the latest update from the weekend. You two make me feel a bit lazy, but I suppose youth has something to do with it ha. Everything looks great! I do miss the tree though. I thought maybe I would make a pie-not!
The guest room looks just fine for now. Maybe the wallpaper will help the occupant with shutting their eyes to sleep ha. It is not really bad at all.
Keep up the good work.
Hope to see you next weekend,
Auntie Deb

Lucent Weddings said...

I just realized I spelled it cr@p apple instead of crab apple. A Freudian slip I guess.

Ashley said...

aww don't kill the pine tree ! you can make a big Christmas tree decoration in your backyard this winter for the skating party! :)